To play a CD
- With Winamp open, insert a CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive. If you have made Winamp the default player for audio CDs in the Winamp preferences, the CD should play automatically.
- In case the CD doesn't automatically play, open the File menu and click Play Folder. The Open Folder window appears.
- Select the CD-ROM drive that contains your audio CD and click OK.
Other methods of playing Audio CDs
- Or use: Main Menu > Play > Audio CD X:. The main menu is accessible via the top left-corner icon, or by right-clicking the frame. Note: This method is required for playing Enhanced CDs.
- Or type the following into the "Add/Open URL" dialog: cda://X(where "X" is the CD Drive letter)
- Or open the Media Library, go to your CD Drive listed under Rip & Burn, and click one of the 'Play' or 'Enqueue' buttons.
- If you are connected to the Internet, Winamp will connect to the CDDB database (Gracenote’s CDDB® database is an online music database that can recognize and display CD track information) to find matching CD information.
* Note that as of June 2014, the Gracenote CDDB service is no longer available in Winamp, and will be replaced in our next release. You can still manually edit the titles (via the right click menu -> Edit CD Info).
- We recommend that the Sonic Engine is enabled for CD playback via "Winamp > Prefs > Plug-ins > Input > CD Plug-in (in_cdda.dll) > Config" which implements support for features such as Digital Audio Extraction (DAE), the EQ, Visualization plugins, etc.
- You can also disable Gracenote CDDB via this same Prefs dialog by unchecking "Use MusicID".