To use the Winamp Playlist Generator feature
- Right-click items in the Local Media section of the Media Library or in the Playlist Editor window and select "Play tracks similar to...". On first use, the Playlist Generator dialog will appear and prompt you to Scan your Media Library.
- Alternatively, go to the Winamp Preferences (Ctrl + P) and navigate to: Plug-ins -> Media Library. Double click Nullsoft Playlist Generator (or highlight it and click the 'Configure' button).
- In the Winamp Playlist Generator configuration dialog, click the Scan button. The Playlist Generator will now proceed to scan all the Local Media audio files in your Media Library. Note: the Scan may take a little while. The more files in your library, the longer the complete scan will take. You can close the Configuration dialog if you wish, by clicking the OK button, and the scan will still continue in the background.
- Once the Scan is complete, you are now ready to use this feature. You can now right-click any local music files listed in your Playlist or Media Library and select: Play tracks similar to (title).
- The Playlist Generator will then add between 10 to 200 (depending on what figure you select in the configuration) acoustically similar tracks to your playlist, starting with the selected file, and will begin playing them.
- Note: This feature obeys the "Double click or Enter in Library = Plays or Enqueues selected items" setting in:
Prefs -> Media Library -> Library Options
Music recognition technology and related data are provided by Gracenote. Gracenote is the industry standard in music recognition technology and related content delivery. For more information visit www.gracenote.com.
CD and music-related data from Gracenote, Inc., copyright © 2007 Gracenote. Gracenote Software, copyright © 2007 Gracenote. This product and service may practice one or more of the following U.S. Patents: #5,987,525; #6,061,680; #6,154,773, #6,161,132, #6,230,192, #6,230,207, #6,240,459, #6,330,593, and other patents issued or pending. Some services supplied under license from Open Globe, Inc. for U.S. Patent: #6,304,523.
Gracenote and CDDB are registered trademarks of Gracenote. The Gracenote logo and logotype and the "Powered by Gracenote" logo are trademarks of Gracenote.
For more information on using the Gracenote Service, visit: www.gracenote.com/corporate
Important Update - May 2014
Due to Winamp's change of ownership in February 2014, Gracenote services will no longer be available in Winamp as from May 2014.
This means that features such as CDDB, MusicID, Playlist Generator and Auto-Tag will no longer be working.
We plan to replace these features with alternative services for our next v5.8x release,
and we apologize profusely for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
Further discussion about this issue can be found in our forums: