How to upgrade to the latest DNAS Server from an older version...
- If not done so already, register your DNAS station in the Shoutcast RadioManager *
- Download the latest Server via the link in the RadioManager
- Stop your current broadcast and close the Shoutcast DNAS Server (sc_serv)
- Run the installer and follow the upgrade instructions
- If upgrading from an older v1.x version, copy your new AuthHash from the RadioManager into the DNAS admin
- Restart the Shoutcast Server (sc_serv) and start sending your stream again
Note: If your station is being hosted by a 3rd-party hosting provider then you will need to ask your hosting provider to upgrade you to the latest DNAS.
If you are upgrading from v1.x to v2.5.x and are therefore using an AuthHash for the first time, some hosting providers will allow you access to the DNAS admin pages so you can input your AuthHash, but if they don't, then you will also need to ask them to input your AuthHash.
Why upgrade to the latest version of DNAS? What are the benefits of using DNAS v2.5.x over v1.9.8?
- Exclusive, guaranteed and accurate listing in the SHOUTcast YP
- Exclusive listing in the Radionomy Directory
- Support for multiple streams, improved security, better control and more functionality...
- Support for RMO stats, statistics relay, impressions, embeddable html5 player, monetization (optional), mobile app, tech support... and more - and all for free :)
This article is old and some sections still refer to an older version of the Shoutcast Server (v2.5.5).
The latest version is now v2.6, which now has Freemium and Premium versions.